Thursday, June 23, 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire ...

As usual the devil is in the details and special kudos are once again directed to "nor-easter" who spelled it out, but this monkey did not clue in immediately. So whats the latest obvious falsehood? (yawn)
After further perusal of our "smoking gun" it appears there can be no underground dam constructed without an EPA permit allowing it ...

1) Underground disposal: requires an Environmental Protection Agency(EPA)Underground Injection Control (UIC) permit.

So IF dam construction is/has taking place as Mr. Goodwin has informed the world, it may be illegal because NO additional ground water studies have been completed as required for the permitting process. This dopey Co cannot possibly have a UIC permit.

So what a pickle of a dilemma. If we take the man at his word he has confirmed beyond question that the Co may be acting illegally in constructing that dam without an EPA permit.

This Company MUST be relying on semantics to save itself from regulatory sanction. Is an underground dam an attempt to dispose of water? Sure as chit seems that way to me, and I have often wondered how one builds something that every miner's life depends on without an engineering study. This blogger is referring the question to the state of Alaska ... Film at 11:00

Here is the e-mail sent to the Alaskan powers that be ...

"Secondly, a Vancouver promotion called Fire River Gold is restarting the Nixon Fork Mine and has stated recently that it is nearing completion of an underground dam. This appears to me to be an attempt to dispose of water underground and as such would require a permit. Please advise if this is incorrect. It should also be noted that it appears NO engineering work has been completed for this dam. If so it represents a MAJOR danger to underground workers in my opinion."

While we wait on several levels of governance to formulate a response we can peruse some the requirements to actually build and operate a dam in Alaska.

What dam safety permits are required to construct and operate a dam in Alaska? Glad you asked again citizen ... damn yer good at this dam business.

A Certificate of Approval to Construct, Modify, Remove or Abandon A Dam is required prior to new construction, major modification or repair, removal, or abandonment. A Certificate of Approval to Operate A Dam is required before a new or modified dam can be put into operation.

What is required to obtain certificates of approval?

To obtain a Certificate of Approval to Construct, Modify, Remove or Abandon A Dam, plans, specifications, engineering reports and other information prepared by a qualified Alaska registered civil engineer must be submitted for review and approval along with the appropriate application fee.


Well thank goodness lives are not gonna be put into serious jeopardy from shameless securites mutts looking for suckers to sell their worthless paper to ... one hopes.